Tuesday 8 October 2013

Thumbnails 15-36



These are from 'The Fall of The House of Usher'  book. I decided that I need to stop worrying about my ideas and just to get down on paper (well photoshop). So I decided that I spend too much time on painting them when working on thumbnails and I should spend more time designing and thinking about my subject than painting them. So I done these line drawings as they are a lot quicker to do although do lack quality but I feel its more important to jsut get my ideas down and then later I will refine the line work and paintings for my chosen thumbnails later on.

I wanted to focus on the dark atmosphere of the scene and the woodlands leading into the house, it is a damp environment meaning there will be lots of roots and moss everywhere which I feel would be super fun to paint and draw. The extract also left me an option of stylizing the house a bit more much like Dr Caligori's art work although I want my final paintings to have a realistic yet stylized finish.

1 comment:

  1. Heya Ant,

    I really like the angle of 35, and number 31 leads the eye very well! :)
    It might be worth talking some of these to paint over and clean up digitally. :)

    ReplyDelete