Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Adaptation B: Irish Rig Complete

Here is the completed rig, although my scene seems to be lagging when I move my character due to amount of wrap deformers in my scene, is there any way of preventing this? I rigged the eyebrows a slightly different way with joints as my mesh seemed to of moved during rigging process somehow

Monday, 20 April 2015

Adaptation B: Fur Grass test

I was going to texture the base with a grass texture from Maya therefore had a little play around to see what it would look like. I used the squirrel fur for this example and I think it worked rather well. I would like for it to be a bit more patchy so I can add in the water in my concept art but I'm unsure how to modify the grass underneath.

Adaptation B: UV Irish Complete



Friday, 17 April 2015

Adaptation B: Irish Character Modelling Complete







With the model finally modeled I can go onto UVing and skinning and rigging him. I feel as though a prop would help him in some way so for the future I may design him something to use as I feel he is still missing something. Overall I am happy with the model so far :)

Saturday, 4 April 2015

Adaptation B: Modelling Progress



I managed to do his chin so the geometry is more rounded near the bottom too with the model. At the moment I have left a gap for his adams apple as I'm unsure how to do at the moment. I am going to model his eyes properly soon and then onto the details such as the hair, feather and band on his head. I think I'll model the hair for this project rather than using plugins or maya fur.

Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Adaptation B: Irish: Refined blocking



With the side view eyes I felt the eyes didn't need to be pushed as far back as in the side view I think this is down the drawing as the character would look funny with the eyes further back, apart from this I think its coming along well and I'm going to move onto the mouth and eyes tomorrow.