Tuesday 8 October 2013

Artist Influence - Noah Bradley

Noah Bradley


Photo: Another quick sketch.



Noah Bradley is also an artist of which I met from Facebook and online forums. He is an artist that is based in Brooklyn, New York and does a lot of work for Magic the Gathering card game., Although he is also a concept artist and great painter when looking for an organic approach to digital painting. 

He has different approaches to his work with the soft textural brushes to the more rendered images like the ones above. He is also an artist that has a love for colour, composition and traditional painting. He always makes posts focusing on traditional painting and this inspires me because Photoshop is just a medium used to create a painting, and if you can master your foundations and traditional skills along side your digital skills I believe it really improve your work more than just focusing on the digital medium. He has also introduced me to Chris Oatley who had worked at Disney and he is also a lover for the traditional medium and great artist.

Overall I found his work really inspiring by his use of colours in his work and I look to represent this within my final illustrations. The last image reminds of 'The Pit and The Pendulum' when the character talks about the light coming from the fissure in the wall and the demonic 'eyes' (symbols) on the wall lighting up and the fiery demons approaching him. This image had reminded me of that moment within the book almost instantly.

''Sulphurous light which illuminated the cell. It proceeded from a fissure, about half an inch in width, extending entirely around the prison at the base of the walls, which thus appeared, and were completely separated from the floor.''

''I had observed that, although the outlines of the figures upon the walls were sufficiently distinct, yet the colours seemed blurred and indefinite''.

''Demon eyes, of a wild and ghastly vivacity, glared upon me in thousand directions, where none had been visable before, and gleamed with the lurid lustre of a fire that I could not force my imagination to regard as unreal'' - The Pit and The Pendulum.

No comments:

Post a Comment